Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Johnny Mathis



Johnny Mathis


Well here's another one not in the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Shame.  Maybe they have a rule against those who sing ballads or love songs. Maybe they have something against folks who look like they bathe regularly. Maybe they don't like the fellows in suits. Maybe they don't like the ones who don't die from drug overdoses or wrecks.


Johnny Mathis perfectionist


Folks, I am new to this thing and just a fan. I am not an insider so I am perplexed. Johnny Mathis has the sweetest singing voice I have ever heard short of Roy Orbison. Johnny Mathis can bring on a mood that most of these so called big time rockers can only wish for.


The Great Johnny Mathis




Johnny Mathis is Mister Romantic, period. If I were Frank Sinatra, and I was bringing a date to my house, (back in the old days) I would opt for Johnny Mathis on the turntable rather than my own.  Now that's saying something and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I haven't hit the nail on the head here. We'll never know of course but I wouldn't be a bit surprised.


     Mo Info            Web site         Videos


Johnny Mathis
Johnny Mathis is that good. "Chances are" if you are anywhere near my age you have used Johnny's albums whenever you had a chance. Or Not. If teenagers or college kids were at a dance and a Johnny Mathis tune came up, they all wanted to get with that special honey. Why ? Why indeed. Try one of his albums or just slow dance to a couple of his songs. I promise you won't have to ask again. If I have to explain what slow dance means you won't understand what I just said so forget it.


The well dressed Johnny Mathis




The ex track star sold over 350 million records and had a following like no other. That's because he was literally in a league of his own. There is only one Johnny Mathis and he belongs to our generation. 


Mister Mathis, you are now in this little Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If for no other reason than I owe you a couple from back when.  HEY HALL OF FAME.....JOHNNY MATHIS IS THE GREATEST !!!!!! PUT HIM IN  !!!!!! YA DIPSTICKS !!!


I know, I know, "it's not for me to say".


John Boykin

No comments:

Post a Comment