Saturday, June 11, 2011

Booker T. and The M.G.'s



Green Onions by Booker T. and the M.G.s
If you ever saw a t-shirt with the words "Been There Done That". One of the M.G.'s was probably wearing it. This Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted group has done it all. That includes taking over and becoming what we now know as the sound of "soul" or the Memphis "sound". The two are inseparable as far as I am concerned.




Booker T. & the M.G.s


I wrote about a preceding group, the Mar-Keys, in a previous post. Not being a Memphian until 1965 I was more attuned to the M.G.s due to their 62' radio hit, Green Onions. 


I am not going to write much of a story on these guys. 


Booker T. & the M.G.s




I want you to go to the wikipedia link I call Mo' Info in honor of Mo' Onions. If you have time I would ask you to read  about who they are, where they've been, who they've backed in studio and on the road. Note how many big, big name bands and individuals consider them leaders in rock and roll music.


Recording session with Booker T. and the M.G.s




It is amazing. I don't know what rock and roll would have done without journeymen, crank em' out, musicians like the M.G.'s, The Funk Brothers and The Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section. I can tell you we wouldn't have rock and roll as we know it today. 


Please, take the time to read that wiki link. It is the most impressive resume in the music business. 


Booker T. and the M.G.s




I've been a fan since I first heard Green Onions on my funky 53 Chevy radio. 





Duck Dunn, Booker T. Jones & Steve Cropper


Anytime I hear any of the M.G.'s names involved in a project I tune in.           




                






                Thanks for the music gentlemen  !!




           Mo' Info        Mo' Videos       R&R           BT Web





No comments:

Post a Comment