Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Beatles

The Beatles

         THE BEATLES WERE FREAKING AMAZING !


The Beatles came on the scene like a tidal wave. Nothing, not even Elvis or Frankie Sinatra had taken over so big or so fast. All of a sudden the radio stations were playing non stop Beatles music.


The Beatles
1964 was the year the Beatles changed the music industry the way Elvis changed music ten years before. The Beatles would last ten years (1960 to 1970). Their sales however, have continue to this day. 


The Beatles




If you read my little story on Elvis you probably realize I liked his music but was never what you might call a consummate fan. I was and remain the same about the Beatles. They had a great impact on the industry. They broke new ground just as Elvis. They sold more records than anybody in history and that record stands even today.


The Beatles




But I just never got into that "be all and end all" status with them. Again, I listened, I rocked and I rolled. I liked them. I just have artists I enjoyed a great deal more. I know I am in the minority but I promised to tell these stories as I feel them. 


The Beatles




By the time 1964 came around I was a married teenage father. I was working and going to school so maybe it's not fair to the Beatles to say "I was just not that into them". Maybe I was preoccupied with marriage, fatherhood, jobs and school. It doesn't matter what you were doing during 1964 or how old, everyone knew about the Beatles. They were flooding the airwaves. It was too much. I began to punch the radio buttons trying to find someone other than the Beatles. Even the Beatles wannabe's were sometimes a relief.


The Beatles
Here are a list of Beatles honors and there are tons.


They were the Best Selling Band in Music History.


They sold more albums than any other act ever.


The Beatles




They were named #1 on Billboards list of Top Selling 100 Artists.


They won 7 Grammy Awards


They won 15 English Ivor Academy Awards.


They were named among the Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential people.
The Beatles
Queen Elizabeth the Second Knighted all four of the Beatles.


They received an Academy Award for the music in the movie "Let it Be".


The Beatles




For their sales information and awards I have included a link below. What they achieved is simply unbelievable. 




I hope the Beatles fans don't get to mad at me about my lack of enthusiasm. I am first and foremost a blues rock kind of a guy. I really didn't find my genre until a few years later.


The Beatles
My program was installed long before I had heard of the Beatles or I might have enjoyed them more. It's just a personal thing. Please excuse it.
The Beatles




What I do appreciate most about the Beatles is the fact they helped open the door for the biggest expansion in types and styles of rock and roll. 


The Beatles




They had an irreverence that brought some much needed levity into what was rapidly becoming an overly serious business. I liked the idea of them trying to push something new into every recording session. They did that not only in the music but the technology and recording technique as well.




      Web Site    Mucho Info      Videos     Record sales      R&R  

No comments:

Post a Comment