Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bobby Vee

Bobby Vee


This entertainer's history speaks for him. Bobby Vee had hit after hit the entire time I was in high school. He had 38 Top 100 hits in something like a ten year period. 


If there was ever a recording artist who established himself with one particular age group it was Bobby Vee and the Class of 63. 


Bobby Vee


Bobby Vee and The Crickets






He's from Fargo, North Dakota an area I enjoy. He is in the Rockabilly Hall of Fame although I don't quite get that since he's not what I think of as Rockabilly. But they know better than I. To me Bobby Vee was a pure pop star. That's not a bad thing. It's who he is and who he was. We loved his fun cheerful music and voice. 


Bobby Vee




Bobby Vee and The Ventures




Bobby as far as I know is still performing on a regular basis. I remember hearing about his long run in Branson, Missouri, just  never got up there. Wish I could have, I know he would have been fun to see.


Here are a few links for more info and fun with Bobby Vee.




     Mucho Info           Web site            Bio              Videos





No comments:

Post a Comment